![]() |
| Who will get this mug??? |
Several (ahem,) weeks ago, I started a contest
for the best spam comments. I was going to post the contest winner forever
ago, but as long as I can blame the snow we’ve recently received, I will. It’s
not often that it snows so bad that it sends the universities into full
closure; and I get to milk this excuse along for quite some time.
The spam has been especially strong amongst the blogger-types as
of late; it seems as if all the spam-bots of Twitter have decided to take a
completely different approach, and move platforms.
Today alone, I rejected some interesting spam comments of my own:
“This paragraph is in fact a fastidious one it assists new the web people,who are wishing in favor of blogging. Visit my page for cheap Oakleys.”
I think that’s the first time anyone has called me fastidious. And:
“When thesе trоubles ѕtartto ѕet in, men will сome aсross themselves going tο the wаshroom a number of occаsions a night, getting couple ofreѕtful nightѕ of sleep, anԁ typicallylocate themselνes гeаlly fгustrated oг embaгrassed.”
I think the last one was supposed to be some type of poem,
although I can’t be sure… That being said, no comment yet has beat the
hermit crab saga of a few weeks ago.
Several of you submitted comments of your own for the contest, and
they were awesome! After a week, I asked my two judges (yes, we had a panel) Josh
and Lance
(check out his blog AND his new book) to
help me weigh in on the best comment submitted.
So, without further ado, our honorable mention goes to: The Six-Fingered Monkey! His spam
comment attempted to lure him with potential ways to block further spam
comments.
And, our winner is…. Alex
from Late Enough! Her spam submission involved a rather impressive level of
insult before being directed to a website for cheap Nikes. Congratulations,
Alex! Go ahead and hit me up via email (on my Contact page) and I’ll grab the
information I need to send you your “Best Spam Comments’ coffee/tea mug.
Of course, if you would like your own mug, you can check out my
Zazzle store over here à. I even have a pin us moms can
wear for when we temporarily go on strike. I figured it’s much easier to wear a
pin than it is to carry a picket sign…
I want to send a big thank you to everyone who played along! I
know we talk of this time and again, but the fact remains… I have made amazing
friends through the blogging community that I would have otherwise not made.
Even when the spam and stupidity starts to weigh me down, I can remember just
how much fun and inspiration the interwebs delivers to us each and every day.

No comments:
Post a Comment