Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Favorite things: Part 3 of who knows how many…

This is not the best picture in the world, but it is my lunch, and it is very yummy, and THAT is good enough for me!

This post is dedicated to Shakespeare’s Pizza in Columbia. It is an Ode to Shakespeare’s.

They did not pay me for this post, or promise me free pizza. (Guys- if you want to give me free pizza, this girl is not gonna turn it down. Just so you know, and all.) They don’t need me to blog about their pizza. Most Columbians love their pizza. Most people who lived in Columbia and then moved away love their pizza. The place is always packed.

I love the beers they have on tap. I love the signs they have—ambiance. I love the pictures from around the world of people in their Shakespeare’s t shirts. I love that they have a system of measuring how long the wait is, and the last one is called “Anarchy”.

I love how you can buy pizza by the slice at lunch, and the fact that it is half a block away from my work. I love that you can stop by and pick up pizzas to cook for dinner on your way home. I love that they built a raised step so that the kids can see them make the pizza while you wait in line (and you will wait in line).

I love how you can ask them to do just about anything on top of some pizza dough, and they will. I love that they are a mom and pop place and you usually have to fight for a place to sit and they use hand towels as napkins. I love that the directions to the West Side location is “6xx feet west of HyVee Liquors”.

Shakespeare’s: you are one of my favorite things!  Seriously, any free pizza thrown my way would be lovingly eaten by the entire fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...