I may not be good at it, but I’m going to give it a shot,
nonetheless. I am going to pimp myself out for a moment. And I’m going to ask for
your help.
![]() |
| This picture of Wil Wheaton helps... Photo Source |
Someone, please hold me.
J has been after me to take myself more seriously this year; as a
writer, as an employee, as a person interested in learning everything I come
across—in general, as a human being. I may not be big on resolutions, and I wouldn’t
categorize J as being big on them, either, but what he keeps cramming down
my earholes telling me is that this is my time now. This is the time for me
to grow. This year, I need to make a leap.
So, I did something I would never consider doing before. I submitted
some of my own work to the BlogHer13
Voices of the Year competition. And yes, this means I’m strongly
considering attending this conference for the first time in my life. Please let
me know if you would be willing to hide in the corners with me—I’d like to know
I’ll meet some like-minded individuals, in person.
If you are so inclined, I would ask you to take a look at my
submitted posts, and vote for them if you like them. If you are even further inclined,
please feel free to share one or more post with your people, and ask them to vote
as well. Even constructive criticism would be helpful; I’m currently in that
place where one sits in the corner of their mind in the fetal position, wishing
someone would tell them that this will all be okay, because they’ve put
themselves out there in a very public way.
Here are the posts I submitted:
Now, I solemnly vow to not bug you relentlessly, begging for
votes. Also, I promise that upcoming
posts will involve an update on my grandfather, a snapshot of Ant philosophizing
while on pain medication for a sprained shoulder (no, sadly, I did not record
it), and things that are, in general, much more worthy of reading.
Of course, if you have any BlogHer advice, this would be a great
time to share it. Seriously. Chatting people up at conferences for work has
never bothered me, but the idea of talking about my boring-old-self…

And vote for you I shall! Don't be scared to ask for votes, you deserve it! And I for one will definitely give you a vote.
ReplyDelete