Saturday, October 30, 2010

The most interesting woman in the world...

I need some advice.

I need to figure out just exactly how to become more interesting. I am not talking about “Date Night” interesting—I can’t even begin to imagine J in a track suit, and while I have a c-section scar, I don’t plan on hiding it under wild, wild, west corset. By interesting, I don’t mean anything like those commercials for Dos Equis—since my overwhelming fear of heights would keep me from hand feeding baby birds or jumping off cliffs into the ocean.

I just need to, you know, do some more interesting things. Have some fun. Have something interesting to talk about at the dinner parties we don’t really even attend.

Maybe J and I should start having dinner parties…

I know that we actually do some interesting things already. We have cool friends, and my work is interesting, and J is a very creative individual. Having kids is always interesting. I can usually amuse myself with little trouble.

I just need a little something MORE.

If you have read more than three posts on this blog, my guess is that you know I have been wrestling with this question—off and on--for awhile now. What would I like to do that I am not already doing? What interesting things out in the world have I not yet explored?

J’s really no help, since he’s a homebody whose perfect night is finding a rerun of Star Trek Voyager on cable. He did suggest pottery class, and I know he really enjoys it, but frankly, that kind of artistic creativity, especially in a studio filled with other students, is really too high-pressure for me. He’s not a type-A, only-child perfectionist. He’s a middle child. He can handle those types of artsy things.


So what to do? Better yet—what to do that won’t break our budget? I bet we would all like a trip to Europe (that would be something more, right?), but that’s just not happening for me right now.

I went back to that bucket list I wrote nearly a year ago; the one I mentioned when I had first started this blog. Who’s better equipped to give you advice than yourself?

I was amazed at the fact that by changing my perspective but not really, intentionally, thinking about the list itself, I have been fulfilling some of my bucket list items. I have kept up on this blogging thing for more than six weeks, so I broke my record for that several times over. I started dedicated some more time to myself, and I reconnected with some friends. I started writing fiction again, just for fun—no pressure to publish something and become the next JK Rowling.

Although, if you know a literary agent, I would love to meet them!

There are many more things yet to do on my list, but I am not quite ready for them. I need to find something else, something that I had not yet previously thought of that would be interesting to do. Something to keep me growing and developing as a person—another way to find me and my bliss.

Right now, I got nothing.

So, what do you do? What is it that you do that is interesting to you? What is that special thing that brings to you your bliss?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...