Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Poll: Where would you want to go?

Remember that bucket list thing that I mentioned awhile back?
Yeah, I’m still harping on it.

Seriously, I have listed out those things I really want to do, and well, I’m not going to wait for a death sentence to start working on them!

One of those things (well, many of those things, actually) involve taking the boys to see things in our country that they have never seen before. You know-- the quintessential American road trip vacation experience.

Except my bucket list does not include seeing the world’s largest ball of yarn (seen it) or visiting the world’s largest bottle of catsup (been there).

I’ve started wracking my brain for those special places that every American should have the opportunity to visit. The Grand Canyon. Yosemite. Mount Rushmore.

Except… Well, I don’t trust my daredevil son around a hole in the ground three feet deep, much less a mile deep. And two members of our family are not interested in camping. And I share common ancestors with certain individuals who would prefer to piss on Washington’s head, thank you very much…

So this means research. I’ve gone online to research good family vacation spots in this grand country of ours, and I am hoping to avoid overwhelming crowds and extraordinary ticket prices to find something truly quirky and fun. Here are the ones I am considering now:

Memphis- Civil Rights, Blues, Gibson Guitars, Mud Island
Chicago- Food, museums, planetarium, oh, and the benefit of the train!
Washington DC- not only the monuments here, but the Smithsonian as well! Ah, the Smithsonian….

What would you choose? Which one is your favorite? Do I absolutely need to see something right now, and it appears that I am unaware? Either vote in my poll, or comment me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...