Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Gig, New Look, Renewed Blogging



I seriously thought about giving it up. 

2013 was a rough year, with my grandfather passing, my being ill, moving to our new house, and all the rest of that daily life which crops up. Most evenings, all I wanted to do was eat, collapse on the couch, and watch mindless television until I fell asleep. And yet…

Something was missing. That something was writing. I wasn’t in the head space to actually accomplish regular writing, but damn if I didn’t miss it.

So, for the last few weeks, I’ve pondered and considered and waffled and finally, picked myself up and decided to begin again. This, in the midst of others shutting down and stopping; Sprocket Ink, Schmutzie, and others you may or may not have heard about.

I’ll leave others to meander around the idea of whether blogging is dying. I’m still narcissistic enough to continue. Plus, there’s so much I still want to document. We have K in the house for about 18 more months, and I’m certain shenanigans will ensue as we visit schools and he fills out college applications. Plus, writing about it for you is much healthier than finding a corner and curling up in the fetal position to ride it out, I’m sure.

To that end, I thought it was time for a new, simple, clean look. Voila! I now have one. And while I cut down on many of my writing obligations, I also picked up a new one: Lefty Pop. A brand new site, in its first week, and my first post pops up today.  You should totally go and check them out. I even have a cute new button over on the right.

Later on, I will write more about how my endocrine system tried to kill me, and how I’ve given it a shockabuku. I will write about J’s nefarious plan to make me cook all the things. I’ll update you on Ant, aka, Ferdinand the Bull, and the second season of basketball. I’ll, of course, do some whining about winter weather. There’s much to talk about, but baby steps, baby steps.

I hope you’ll stick around for the ride.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you agreed to come to lefty pop with me and write under your name.

    Tay is headed to Georgia state after graduating high school in may. we are savoring every moment she'll let us have with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia State is a wonderful school! I think she'll have a blast. I think my kid will have a blast, too, once he picks a school. I just don't want to think much about what he'll be doing while having a blast. Ugh.

      Delete
  2. Glad you didn't give it up. Hey, what do you mean "narcissistic"? Was that comment directed at me? Oh, man, it was, wasn't it? I, that is me, I, me, no you, no, me, I...forget it. The new layout is great, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WAS totally talking about you. Actually, no. I once had a hater who called me a narcissistic bitch. I figured I'd throw something his way if he were still out there trolling.

      Delete
  3. I'm right there with you, Sarah. I spent much of last month wondering if blogging had run it's course for me, but I decided to get back into the swing of things because I miss the community a lot when I step away.

    Here's to writing our way through motherhood! Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...